SWIFT Message Types – MT and MX ISO 20022 – An Overview. It begins from the basics of SWIFT and also gives an overview of the payment system as, without a basic understanding of how the payment system works, understanding payment messaging is incomplete.
- Understand the Basics of SWIFT, SWIFT Code, SWIFT FIN and GPA, Message Structure, Categories and Guidelines
- Understand the Basics of Payment Systems
- Understand the flow and functioning of SWIFT MT Payment Messages with examples
- Get an overview of SWIFT GPI and other latest innovations of SWIFT
- Understand SWIFT ISO 20022 MX messages
SWIFT Message Types – MT and MX ISO 20022 – An Overview
Welcome to the course!
This course is meant to give an overview of SWIFT Message types.
It begins from the basics of SWIFT and also gives an overview of the payment system as without a basic understanding of how the payment system works, understanding payment messaging is incomplete. It then gradually explains the important MT messages, the use of SWIFT GPI and finally gives an overview of the latest development in SWIFT – ISO 20022 MX messages.
This tutorial is meant for anyone new in the payments domain or anyone who want to know the basics of the latest developments in SWIFT before going to deeper understanding.
This includes examples of SWIFT messages and explanations of important fields. It shows the flow of the messages between banks visually so that its easier to understand and remember.
We will cover –
- What is SWIFT and SWIFTNet
- Understanding SWIFT Code or Business Identifier Code(BIC)
- What are SWIFT FIN and GPA Messages
- Structure of SWIFT MT Messages
- Categories of FIN messages and Message naming conventions
- What are SWIFT Rules and Guidelines
Overview of Payment Systems
- Understanding payment systems (Clearing, Settlement and Messaging)
- Understanding correspondent accounts and RMA
MT Messages and Miscellaneous Information
- MT Category 1 messages – Customer Payments and Cheques with MT 103 Serial and Cover Methods
- MT Category 2 – Financial Institution Transfers
- MT Category 9 – Cash Management and Customer Status
- SWIFT GPA Messages
- Possible Duplicate Emission and Possible Duplicate Message and Message Retrieval
- SWIFT GPI (Global Payments Innovation)
ISO 20022 MX Messages
- Why the need of ISO 20022 MX Messages
- Three layers of MX Messages
- MT to MX – the changes happening
- Overview of PAIN (Payment Initiation) Messages
- Overview of PACS (Payments Clearing and Settlement) Messages
- Overview of CAMT (Cash Management) Messages
Who this course is for:
- Business Consultants/ Aspirants of Payments Domain
- Trade Finance Practitioners